RS

Temperature59°F
TimeCET
OpponentTBA

news

Monday 29 August 2011

Robin rang the opening bell at the Nasdaq Stock Market

Last Friday Robin rang the opening bell at the Nasdaq Stock Market. This was one of the best true New York experiences, Robin said. US Open starts this week and Robin plays Sorensen, IRL, in the first round.

Read more →
Monday 18 July 2011

Robin’s Charity Initiatives

Last week in Bastad, during SkiStar Swedish Open, Robin launched three different charity initiatives. He launched his foundation – Robin Söderlings Stiftelse, became an ambassador for the Non-Violence Project, and also he announced a new talent award. To read more…

Read more →
Tuesday 12 July 2011

Robin S

Don’t forget to check out the website for my foundation. Robin Söderlings Stiftelse We want to help sick children and children in need all over the world by giving them happy moments that will turn into happy memories.

Read more →
Thursday 30 June 2011

Sunset Tennis

On Wednesday July 13, Robin will play his first match in SkiStar Swedish Open in Bastad. The match is scheduled to start 9 pm and is a part of the popular Sunset Tennis event.

Read more →
Monday 30 May 2011

King Cover Story

Robin made a cover story and a photo shoot for a famous magazine – King.  The magazine is currently available at press stands across Sweden.

Read more →
Sunday 22 May 2011

Fair Play Trophy

During Powerhorse World Team Cup in Düsseldorf Robin and Philipp Kohlschreiber received the award “Fair Play Trophy”. Robin was chosen because of his fairness on and beside the court, and because of his closeness to his fans.  The award is elected by each team captain…

Read more →
King Cover Story

King Cover Story

13 comments »

13 Responses to “King Cover Story”

1. Jelena says:

Robin, I wish you all the best! You are a great tennis player & even better person. I enjoy watching your matches! May you hold the winners cup many many times! Greetings from Serbia!

2. fatma says:

j’aime bien la photo robin t’es magnifique

3. Chad in Japan says:

Cool pic, Robin.
    Good luck against Nadal!
    We luv ya and wish u the best in this fantastic match to come. Will definitely be watching from here in Japan.
    Chad and Family

4. Chad in Japan says:

Great effort against Rafa, today. I haven’t seen you live since playing Roddick.
    Your forehand is not just the sledgehammer of old–it’s now an art form. You’re getting to the mid-court for some great set-ups and am (happily) seeing you come to the net at choice moments. I wish I could see some more serve and volley…’cos I really think you could do it well. Problem is, you come to the net, miss one shot, get discouraged and don’t like to come back. I’ll bet you that you’ll make less unforced errors/missed shots at the net than at the baseline.

You did a great job, Robin. Enjoy a little time off.

5. Chad in Japan says:

I guess I’m the only poster (or “poser”) here. Good to sit-out the Cup, as your at the age where injuries might put you out for a year.

You’re in perfect “Soderling” form from last I saw. Played a tourney this a.m.–didn’t get past Round 2, but my Goran serves (up to 130 mph) didn’t quite work; and my Soderling forehand was going long…so I decided to go “Santoro” and mix it up all over the court…saved me.

Robin, you need a few weekends with Santoro…I’ve posted this so many times. A few sessions with Magnus every now an then will reinforce your mental game. But your Father started your career–sometimes going back home and getting advice is best.

Good luck…but you need a FT coach who will show you the opposite side of tennis: Santoro–even though he can’t attend every tourney (I have kids, too).

6. Chad in Japan says:

One of these days I’m going to have to quit drinking beer and telling #5 Robin Soderling how to play tennis late at night…I always get into the, old “Santoro thing”. Apologies! :)
    I wouldn’t want to be a pro-player in this day–too good many players at the top. One really needs something extra to break through and win.

Best to ya, Robin.

7. Chad in Japan says:

(feel like I’m talking to myself, here). Good luck at Wimbledon, Robin!
    If I were a pro-tennis player and won Wimbledon-only, I would feel “complete”.
    Conversely, if I were to win every slam, the Olympic doubles-gold…but be missing the singles gold, I’d feel incomplete (Federer). Hope you get a good draw and that the “usual susptects” are defeated in early rounds. Have fun and enjoy watching the people who watch you in the stands. Wish I could go!

8. Chad in Japan says:

Congrats on making Round 2.
    I don’t like Lleyton–never have. But I DO respect his grit, and the fact that he’s “grown up” a bit over the years.
    You’re going to have to fight a bit more for this one, Robin–it’s not going to be as easy as one would first think.
    Good luck!

9. Chad in Japan says:

You…ROCK!
    Nice win over Hewitt.

If were a pro, I’d never think about the score–just that point. After all, you’ve got plenty of other people to watch the score for you. Was it Capriati who thought like that?

Good luck!

10. Chad in Japan says:

Hey! Where did everyone go? I quit Facebook yet again, and it’s just me and crickets here on Robin’s “official” site. Well, glad that someone keeps updating the matches, oppenents and time–just for me–thanks!

Good luck against Tomic! I don’t know anything about him.

Murray is doing a “Band of Brothers” a la “your’e already dead” (famous line from the series). He’s building up confidence by doing silly shots in tight matches. Good for him, because the cockiness adds to his confidence. I’ll bet that Murray makes the final.

As for you, Mr. Soderling…good luck!

11. Chad in Japan says:

Forgot: Murray is deliberately building confidence because he’s choked too many times.
    Robin came up from two sets down–a first.
    Two great players getting some new confidence.
    Anyone else evolving this year at Wimbledon…haven’t seen it.

Rock on!

12. Chad in Japan says:

Agh, sorry about your illness and your loss to Tomic.
    You take it easy, big guy.
    I haven’t been able to actually watch your matches, but the scores indicate that this Wimbledon was a very important event in your career–you’ve learnt how to come back when you’re down at a big tournament. Priceless experience! It will serve you well later…

I’ll leave your site alone for a bit…and wait for a new story. Might watch you in Shanghai (if my wife lets me) this year!

13. Delphine says:

Very good start at Wimbledon, tough matches. I am sad it is already over.
    Wish you all the best for the rest of the season. I love to see you play your best tennis and win!